I spent a lot of time mulling over how to put this journal together. I have mentioned here before - I like to use materials I have on hand. I did not want to go out and spend any money on specialty papers to put the 2013 book together. I have plenty of canvas in my stash. A canvas piece cut to size with a layer of gesso added for stability. 3" x 12" strips were cut. These strips were folded in half. I spent the better part of two days preparing these strips and sewing 4 button holes onto each strip. Each canvas strip was sewn joining two journal pages together.
5.0 zig zag stitch - leather sewing machine needle. I found using paper clips rather than pins helped keep the pages in place while sewing.
The first page of the journal complete.
All of the journal pages are now complete. Next step working on front and back covers. I hope to finish this up before 2014 begins!