February 25, 2013

It Feels Like Cheatin'

Life Book 2013 Week 9 is lead by Danita.  We are to paint over a magazine photo.

It feels like cheatin' - well, almost.  If Frida Kahlo did it, I guess I can too!

I found this magazine photo in my stash of inspiration photos.  Adhere photo to substrate; cover with a layer of gesso.

Using water soluble crayons and gesso, paint photo.  Add background.  I figure if I kept throwing enough color and gesso on it, it would eventually please me.  I don't know who the model in the magazine is, but my rendering reminds me of  Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife).


6 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

That works really well with a great result :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Great technique and a lovely end result! She does look like 'The Good Wife'. xx

Nina said...

Such an inspiring and creative project! You did wonderful work!

meleah rebeccah said...

Oh wow, she does look like Julianna Margulies.

And I really CANNOT GET OVER just how talented you are. I know I keep saying that, but it's because you keep impressing the hell out of me!

Mommy Evolution said...

Thanks for linking up to Wordless Wednesday Bloggers!

HansHB said...

Nice post. Interesting web-site!