September 28, 2015

another travel journal...

My husband and I plan to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary a little early.  Our anniversary is actually in January 2016, but we chose to celebrate in October because we're going Banff and Lake Louise in Canada.  It would be way too cold for our FL bones to go to Canada in January!

I always make a journal for any trips we/I take.  Here's what I made for this trip.

journal pages made of water color paper, assorted books pages, gesso

I created some "brushes" in Photoshop Elements (dates, ourselves as hikers, mountains), print on deli paper, adhere to cover and journal pages


hand draw lines on pages, paint with water colors



finished journal

Linking to:

8 comments:

NCSue said...

SO cool!

I hope you'll come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/shake-those-tail-feathers.html

Su-sieee! Mac said...

So cool! I want to do something like that now for some coming special trip or day. Happy Anniversary!
The View from the Top of the Ladder
Take 25 to Hollister

Jeanie said...

I love this so much more than I can even express. What a magnificent trip you will be having. Is Butchart Gardens anywhere near there? I just saw a post on having tea in Butchert Gardens and Marilyn had the most wonderful photos -- it made me want to go right away! I think it's in BC but not sure if it's in your territory!

I love that you started your journal NOW so it's really a journal to take along and you don't have to come up with the journal part when you get home (along with finishing up the fill in!).

Have a glorious time. I'm looking forward to seeing some page layouts when you're finished!

Loniel said...

Wow!
That is fantastic! I like the album very much!
Happy Anniversary!

Tamar SB said...

Happy anniversary!!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

How wonderful and happy anniversary! My first time visit to your blog and I was most interested to learn of your upcoming visit to Banff and Lake Louise. Oh, you are in for a treat indeed. I live in Alberta (several hours awa from Banff) ... my husband and I were in the area earlier this summer. It's a lovely spot.

Your journal looks like so much fun ... to make and to fill. May the days be filled with wonderful experiences.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend...
Brenda

Kim Cunningham said...

That sounds like a great plan! October is wonderful. That's when I got married. :)

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

I love your handmade journal pages, simply gorgeous. And you plan to celebrate your 25th anniversary a little early sounds great. Have a great journey!